This course is designed to enhance understanding of the technical and practical aspects of lift technology for staff responsible for operating an efficient lift service within their premises.
- Lift technology and the operating principles of lifts.
- Understanding the terminology used by contractors and surveyors.
- The legal and mandatory obligations for installing, maintaining and operating an efficient lift service.
- Understanding roles and responsibilities under The Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER) and other relevant legislation.
- Where applicable for NHS Trust sites, the roles and responsibilities of the Authorised Person, Competent Person, Designated Person, duty holder, lift release wardens and designated staff under HTM 08-02.
- Practical inspection of the lifts on your site, with a particular emphasis on the maintenance of lift components and good or bad practice.
Who is this course for?
This course will be useful for call centre staff and estates department team members that handle enquiries and deal with lift contractors on a daily basis, along with people responsible for authorising quotations and dealing with LOLER reports.
Training is delivered on site and is tailored to the lift equipment on your premises. The course is limited to a maximum of seven candidates for safety reasons when working with live lift equipment.
>> Download the basic lift technology course outline (PDF format)