Designed for people who are responsible for lifts and their maintenance and upkeep, this course gives an understanding of the technical, legal and practical knowledge to manage a lift portfolio.
- The employer’s and employee’s obligations under health and safety legislation.
- Safety requirements regarding safe working on lifts, including risk assessment of machine rooms, landings and car tops.
- Basic drive systems, safety systems and door operating systems of lifts installed on the site.
- Understanding the terminology used by contractors and surveyors.
- The relationship between the owner, the lift contractor and the insurance surveyor.
- Establishing the life cycle of the equipment and assessing the short, medium and long term requirements for maintaining, repairing and replacing lift equipment.
- How to formulate a meaningful lift maintenance contract.
- How to monitor the performance of the equipment and the contractor.
- Essential reporting and recording procedures to comply with legislation.
The course is held on the client’s site and is bespoke to the equipment installed on the site.