This course is designed for people who are nominated by their employer to carry out the safe release of trapped lift passengers. It provides candidates with the necessary competence to effect safe passenger release in accordance with BS7255:2012 Safe Working on Lifts.
The course is held on the client’s site so that candidates have direct training on the equipment they will be called upon to release passengers from. Each candidate receives a certificate of competency along with a comprehensive manual with full written procedures and technical content covered by the course.
- Health & safety law
- Safety documentation
- Basic lift technology
- Lift configurations. hazards and masses involved
- Lift safety systems
- Passenger considerations
- Safe winding or lowering procedures
- Question paper to confirm learning and understanding prior to practical element
- Practical exploration of lift systems and component operation
- Full demonstration of safe release of trapped passenger procedures
- Individual candidate practice at release procedures
- Practical assessment
- Return to classroom for debrief and questions
Our courses are fixed price per day for any location in mainland UK. All travel costs and disbursements are included in the cost. Please contact us for information.
Number of candidates
The number of candidates permitted on the course is limited to 6 – 7 people. This is for safety reasons as the course involves working in live lift machine rooms and candidates are closely supervised at all times.
A small meeting room with a blank wall or screen will be required for the morning training and question paper session. We will not need to visit the site for risk assessments or equipment inspection prior to the course.