We train emergency response crews to assess and resolve a variety of casualty scenarios when dealing with the evacuation, rescue and retrieval of casualties from lift incidents. To date, we have provided this training to over 800 fire fighters and first responders.
Key learning points
- General safety systems on lifts.
- Basic lift drive systems and lift configurations.
- The types of lift components and their purpose and operation.
- Isolation procedures.
- How to assess the direction of the lift travel.
- How to raise or lower the lift car.
- How to open the lift doors.
- The ability to assess and resolve a variety of casualty scenarios.